Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Match of Tomorrow

Match of the Day Magazine asked me to do an audition piece (a pitch, if you will) for a series of double-page comic strip predictions of England's World Cup performances. I poured all my wealth of footy-knowledge (largely based around the 1994 Arsenal squad), a couple of anti-American clichés and some blind optimism into a script and the first page came out like this:



And then the second page was to be a bit like this:



Not exactly what eventually did unfold, but then if they were to all prove accurate it would be a pretty depressing comic series. Sadly they didn't go for me though, which is a shame because I'd love to do more stuff like this. I'm not sure if someone else got the job or not, but if they did I do hope it was Paul.

No comments: